Terms of Service
1. OBJECT OF THE GENERAL CONDITIONS
The website https://muvguru.co.za, hereinafter “MuvGuru”, is a platform published and managed by the company THE LASER TRANSPORT GROUP (PTY) LTD COMPANY REG NO 1963/006322/07 PO BOX 190 EPPINDUST 7475.
These general conditions govern the use of the MuvGuru website by any natural or legal person visiting or registering for the website service, hereinafter the “Client”.
The MuvGuru website acts as a broker, that is to say it offers a free, non-binding service that allows the Client to obtain several quotes from partner removal companies online and to choose a mover for their move within South Africa or from South Africa to an international destination.
MuvGuru acts only as an intermediary between the Client and the partner removal companies.
2. OPPOSABILITY OF GENERAL CONDITIONS
Registration on the MuvGuru website or use of the website implies the Client’s unreserved acceptance of these general conditions.
These general conditions are permanently accessible at https://www.muvguru.co.za/muvguru-terms-and-conditions/.
These general conditions can be modified at any time and without notice by The Laser Transport Group. The applicable conditions are those in effect on the date of registration of the Client on the MuvGuru website.
In the event of non-compliance with these general conditions, The Laser Transport Group reserves the right to deactivate the Client’s login credentials to the MuvGuru website without notice.
3. TERMS OF EXECUTION OF THE SERVICE
For the performance of the service:
- The Client fills in the required fields on the MuvGuru website – at a minimum:
- The origin city and physical address for loading
- The destination city and physical address for delivery
- The desired move date
- The Client’s name, surname, email address and contact telephone number
- The number of cubic meters to be moved
- The Client instantaneously receives three basic quotes for his/her move, one for each MuvGuru option: Pro Guru, Guru and Super Guru. The estimates are for the cost of the move only and do not include the cost of packing materials or insurance.
- The Client may select one of the three possible estimates and then recalculate the number of cubic meters to be moved if necessary.
- The Client may choose to add packing materials to the quote by selecting from a gallery of the available materials and specifying the amount required for each material type. The total value of the packing materials selected is automatically updated for every additional material (and required amount) selected.
- The Client may elect to insure specific items included in the move by specifying each item and its insured value. An All-Risk Transit insurance premium is calculated at 2.5% of the total consignment value.
- The Client acknowledges having read the insurance terms and conditions and is presented with a final quote for the total removal cost, which includes moving cost, packing material cost and insurance cost.
- All removal quotes are inclusive of VAT.
- The Client may elect to email the quote to the address provided, or accept the MuvGuru terms and conditions and pay 15% of the total removal cost in advance directly to MuvGuru to secure the move date and slot. This payment is processed with the MyGate solution from wirecard, which ensures maximum protection of bank data. The client agrees to pay the outstanding balance of the total removal cost (85%) directly to the removal partner upon completion of the move.
- No banking information passes through the MuvGuru website.
- Once the payment has been successfully completed, The Laser Transport Group confirms with the partner removal company the Client’s willingness to enter into a contract on the date chosen by the Client.
- The selected partner mover contacts the Client within 48 working hours to confirm the moving date and requirements.
- Should the removal partner not have the capacity to perform the required service on the date requested by the Client, an alternative date will be proposed. Both the Client and the removal partner may accept or reject the proposal.
4. WEBSITE RESPONSIBILITY
The Laser Transport Group undertakes to implement the means necessary for the proper execution of the intermediation service offered by the MuvGuru website.
The Laser Transport Group acts only as a moving intermediary and is in no way responsible for the execution of the moving service or for any loss or damage to the Client’s personal items and effects.
The Laser Transport Group commits to the Client to only list removal companies that fulfil their legal and regulatory obligations under current South African legislation, including in particular:
- Having an establishment located in South Africa
- Being registered with the companies’ national register (CIPC)
- Having insurance for the transport of goods
- Having a valid transport licence
- Not being the subject of any current bankruptcy proceedings or being banned from trading
The Laser Transport Group regularly monitors the obligations of its partner removal companies and reserves the right to unlist a removal company that is not fulfilling its obligations or is unable to provide proof thereof.
The Laser Transport Group cannot be held responsible in the event of breach of its contractual obligations due to a case of force majeure, or in the event of failure to communicate information necessary for carrying out the service by the Client.
The MuvGuru website is accessible via the internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Laser Transport Group is committed to doing everything possible to ensure the proper functioning and continuity of the website.
The Laser Transport Group cannot be held responsible for the unavailability or malfunction of the MuvGuru website, in particular for maintenance reasons.
The Laser Transport Group reserves the right to modify the MuvGuru website or its functionalities without prior notification to the Client.
5. CLIENT OBLIGATIONS
The Client declares to be at least 18-years old and to have the legal capacity to subscribe to the service offered by the MuvGuru website.
The Client agrees not to communicate his/her login credentials or any information contained in his/her client interface to a third party without the prior consent of The Laser Transport Group.
The Client undertakes to communicate to The Laser Transport Group all the information necessary for the execution of the service. In the event of false or incomplete declarations, the Client is solely responsible for the consequences generated.
In order to receive removal quotes, the Client will have previously provided an exhaustive inventory of the personal effects to be moved. This inventory binds the Client to the partner removal company.
The Client must report on the MuvGuru website any item whose transport is subject to special regulations.
In the event of an incomplete or inaccurate declaration, the partner removal company may apply additional costs.
The Client expressly agrees not to circumvent the service provided by the MuvGuru website by directly contacting the partner removal companies presented on the website.
6. CANCELLATION AND RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
If no quote has been selected on the MuvGuru website, the Client can cancel their request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or online from the “Dashboard” of their personal interface.
If a quote has been selected and the deposit paid on the MuvGuru website, the Client must send their cancellation request directly to the partner removal company and in accordance with the general conditions of sale of the partner removal company.
In the event of cancellation within 30 calendar days of the loading date chosen by the Client, the deposit paid on the MuvGuru website will not be refunded to the Client.
In the event of cancellation more than 30 calendar days before the loading date chosen by the Client, or in the event of failure of the partner removal company, The Laser Transport Group will reimburse the Client for all sums paid via the MuvGuru website.
The Client does not benefit from the right of withdrawal.
7. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Registration on the MuvGuru website requires the Client’s consent to communicate their personal data (name, first name, email address, telephone and mobile) The Laser Transport Group.
At any time, the Client has a right of access, rectification and deletion in accordance with the Confidentiality Policy of The Laser Transport Group.
The acceptance of a quote and the payment of the deposit on the MuvGuru website signals the Client’s acceptance that his/her personal data will be sent to the selected partner removal company.
8. COMPETENT JURISDICTION
South African law is the applicable law for the subject of these general conditions or the execution of the service. In the event of a dispute, the South African courts will have sole jurisdiction.
For Clients who are legal entities, the only competent jurisdiction to hear any legal action related to the subject of these general conditions or the execution of the service will be the applicable court in South Africa.